Just a quick one. Figured I’d pop up a few cleaner pictures of the Knight I painted for charity. I realised that I forgot the banner on the chest as well as the Ion Shield. Still, for seven hours I’m still pretty pleased. I posted it up on eBay today, so keep your fingers crossed for me that I raise something!
Cheers all, have a great one.
So today I wasn’t in the office, I hadn’t broken my perfect game and called in sick, instead my workplace was closed. We had a charity day and so everyone got to pick a cause and give their time back for something meaningful to them. Now, don’t you worry, I’m not a preachy kind of guy, nor am I here to tap you up for money. I just figured since my time today involved the hobby, I’d do a quick post.
I asked my work if I could paint something and then auction it for charity. They said yes. Awesome. Which meant from about 8am this morning I’ve been painting an Imperial Knight from my collection. I finished at about 5pm (ish) and have just about managed to get it to tabletop standard. There were definitely some learnings to take away from this, like a medium base brush from GW is the business! I’m definitely pleased with what I achieved and hope that I manage to raise a few squid for my chosen charity. I’ve put some other bits up as well, as I’d like to raise a minimum of a £100, which I figure is a realistic goal.
I’ll take a better snap when the base has dried tomorrow, will do a tiny amount of clean-up too, nothing major, here’s the quick and dirty version of the finished product.
Unusually for me, I painted some components separately. The Ion Shield I left black, no idea why.
Cheers all, have a great night.